Your Perfect Tiki Bar Party
We all want a way to escape to the tropics. What better way to do so than hosting the perfect tiki bar party! But, how do you create that ideal island feeling? Well, simple, just follow our guide, and you’ll be setting sail to your most lit tiki party yet!
Tropical Style Drinks and Food
Nothing says the tropics like the delectable food and refreshing drinks.
We know the typical tropical drinks all too well. Strawberry daiquiris, mojitos, mai tais, margaritas, and piña coladas are almost always served at tropic style parties. But, how do you stand out and bring something new to the table? Try these drink ideas!
Take a spin on the classic mojito with a blueberry twist or create your version of a daiquiri with some of your favorite fruit. It’s fun to get creative and develop your own mixed drinks.
Aside from the drinks, food is just as important. You can never go wrong with fresh fruit. Pineapple, oranges, watermelon, and mango are always good to have but, get a little adventurous!
Try some more unique tropical fruits like:
- Dragon fruit
Not only are they delicious, but they also pack an abundance of healthy vitamins and give variety for your party guests!
If you aren’t a fan of trying a new fruit, you can always create recipes around the more common types of fruit. Grilled pineapple, mango fish or chicken tacos, fresh tropical fruit salad or even tropical inspired desserts.
Last but not least, let’s not forget about the grill! Jerk chicken, tangy fish, skewered shrimp, and marinated pork always make for perfect island dishes.
With a little island kick, your taste buds will be dancing to the tropical flavor.
For your party to be a success, the island décor is a MUST to create that tropical feel.
- Tiki Torches – they are a staple in building the island ambiance for your tiki bar party. Not only do they create a mood, but they also help repel mosquitos. That’s why this affordable party decoration is a must have.
- Leis – this is a no brainer! Any tiki bar party must have leis to put upon your guest as they enter. They aren’t costly and always make for a fun way to get the party started.
- Tiki String Lights – snag some tiki string lights to place around the bar. It’s a great decorative piece to add to the setting.
- Table Settings – spice up the bar with a Hawaiian skirt style drape, add pineapple shaped plates, tropically printed napkins, and even some tiki or coconut shaped cups with umbrellas. This will definitely add the finishing touch to your perfect tropical party.
This list is not exhaustive! There are so many ways to get creative and decorate for the perfect island feel.
To top off the tiki party experience have some fun tropical inspired activities for all ages to enjoy.
- Tiki Bingo – customize your bingo cards with a tropical theme! Instead of using blot pins, use seashells or banana chips to mark the numbers on the card. Even create unique winning bingo shapes to make on the cards.
- Banana Chip Poker – instead of playing poker with poker chips and a regular deck of cards, make it tropical! Buy a themed deck of cards and replace the poker chips with dried banana chips. It’s a fun spin on a poker game.
- ‘Ulu Maika – a lawn game originating in Hawaii, it requires two poles, wooden or metal (use anything you want) about 6 inches apart (you can cheat and go a little further) and a stone (can be replaced with a baseball or tennis ball). The goal is to roll the stone through the two poles from 15 feet away. See who can roll the ball through the poles first!
- Beach Ball Volleyball – Volleyball is always a fun game to play! Using a beach ball or even a balloon allows party goers to easily participate no matter what age.
- Blind Taste Test – Having a blind taste test is always fun but doing it with a tropical twist makes it even more exciting! It’d be fun to try something new especially with the unique tropical fruit and see how people react.
Above all, music is essential! Whether it’s a live performance or a playlist of island music, this is one key component to add to the vibe. It’s not a party without the music!
So, spark your creative island style and plan your perfect tiki bar party.