8 Easy Recipes for Microwave & Toaster Oven
Did you know that a microwave and toaster oven can be just as universal as an actual oven? Plus, it’s easier to clean! No more dealing with pots and pans to scrub. Don’t believe us? Try out these 8 simple recipes you can make with ease and taste the results!
- Mac & Cheese
Forget the Kraft Mac n’ Cheese or those frozen dinners (although they are pretty tasty). Instead, we suggest this simple and easy Mac n Cheese recipe that tastes ten times better and is better for you!
All you need is:
- 2% Milk
- Cheddar Cheese (already shredded)
- Macaroni Pasta
- A bowl
Once getting these ingredients, follow these steps.
- Scoop a ½ cup of macaroni pasta noodles and add ¼ cup of water, some salt to the bowl.
- Next, set the microwave for 6 minutes and start cooking!
- Make sure that every 2 minutes you stir the pasta.
- Once the cooking time is at 4 minutes, add another ¼ cup of water to the bowl.
- After the pasta has cooked a full 6 minutes, take it out, and add enough milk to cover the entire pasta.
- Sprinkle a handful of cheese.
- Add a small scoop of flour, mix, and place back into the microwave to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Once finished cooking, you can either serve it in the bowl or on a plate. Either way, it’ll be a delightful treat.
Now stick that fork in and enjoy this liquid gold recipe.
- Spinach Omelet
Did you know omelets could be made in the microwave?! Well, with this simple, straightforward recipe you can have a delicious omelet, every morning.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 Eggs
- 2% Milk
- Baby Spinach Leaves
Ready to cook?
- Break the eggs in a bowl with 2 tbsp of your 2% milk and lightly scramble them.
- Season with salt and pepper while mixing if you prefer.
- Then, pour the mix into an edged plate. These plates curves are high at the ends to make it a base like a bowl.
- Make sure the scrambled egg is spread evenly across the base.
- Place the plate in the microwave and set the cooking time for 2 minutes.
- After the 2 minutes, remove, take a handful of spinach and sprinkle it on top and add it back in microwave for another 1 ½ minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto another plate and top with anything you’d like. Omelets pair well with salsa, cheese and other vegetables as well.
The options are endless with this easy and simple.
Seriously, even jambalaya can even be made in the microwave? Actually, yes! Not only is it simple, but it holds the same traditional Louisiana taste.
Let’s make that grocery list:
- A can of 400gs of tomato with garlic
- Easy-cook rice
- A red pepper, chopped and seeded (you can use a can of red peppers. One red pepper makes about 1 ¼ cup)
- 8 oz of chorizo and sausage
- A couple handfuls of frozen sweetcorn or a drained can of sweetcorn
- A Cajun seasoning shaker
- One tub of sour cream
Prepare for deliciousness!
- Empty the can of tomatoes into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Then, fill the can back up with easy-cook rice and add to the bowl.
- Use that same can again to fill it up with water and add.
- Gather your sausage, chorizo, sweetcorn, and pile it on into the bowl and mix it all up. Season the bowl with Cajun, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the microwaveable bowl with cling wrap and poke a few holes in the top to let it vent.
- Set the timer for 10 minutes at 750W.
- After the 10 minutes are up, remove the bowl and cling wrap and give the ingredients a good mixing stir.
- Place the bowl back into the microwave uncovered and cook it for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- After the timer is done, let the bowl sit for 5 more minutes with a plate covering the top.
- Stir, and serve with some parsley and a dollop of sour cream for a delicious meal!
Order up! One spicy authentic jambalaya ready to devour.
- Sriracha Salmon
Salmon is known to be very healthy for the brain as it contains omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce dementia, arthritis, and depression. That’s why we’ve added this simple recipe that you can make in under 4 minutes!
Here’s how you get started:
- A 5 oz salmon fillet.
- A lemon slice.
- Siracha sauce.
- Parchment Paper
After getting everything together, it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3 … well maybe not but, it’s pretty easy.
- Get a plate and cut out enough parchment paper to wrap the entire salmon.
- Take the sriracha sauce and coat the salmon before putting it on the parchment paper.
- Squeeze the lemon and add a couple splashes of water before rolling the paper up into a pouch.
- Put in the microwave for about 3 ½ minutes on high.
- Be careful when opening the pouch as the steam might be hot.
- This recipe also calls for a quick pickle.
- It’s simple really.
- Take some white vinegar, a tiny spoon of salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Add some sliced cucumber and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add it to the dish and you’ll have one flakey delicious meal!
Mm… mmm… MM! Don’t dare skip out on this pair of sweet and spicy.
- Fish and Chips
With a classic like this, and how simple it is to make, this easy fish and chips recipe will be sure to host a hearty healthy meal for four.
Before cooking, let’s look at the ingredients:
- A 1lb of red potatoes.
- Olive oil (at least 4 oz)
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of pepper
- Sprigs of thyme
- 3-4 6 oz chunks of cod
- A halved lemon
- And 2 tbsp of capers
Now that we have all of the ingredients, let’s cook!
- Pre-heat your toaster oven to about 450 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in a baking tray that’ll fit in the toaster oven along with ¼ tbsp of salt, 2 tbsp of olive oil and at least 4 springs of thyme.
- Toss and or mix lightly until potatoes are covered.
- Put the potatoes in the toaster oven to cook for about 25-35 minutes.
- After the time is up, use aluminum foil and wrap the potatoes up to keep them warm.
- Next, let the tray cool before cleaning it and place the cod chunks onto it.
- Following that, place the lemon slices, the cappers, the garlic, pepper, salt, and thyme before coating the cod with another 2 tbsp’s of olive oil.
- Lightly mix
- Place tray with the cod back into the toaster oven for approximately 8 to 12 minutes.
Fish and Chips
- Once the fish is done, add individual servings to plates and place the tray into the toaster oven for an additional 5 minutes to allow the juice to warm up.
Top the plates with the juice and enjoy!
- Pesto Salmon
You can never go wrong with too much salmon, unless … you don’t like salmon. But! If you do, this simple pesto salmon recipe makes the perfect flakey filet to enjoy.
Let’s jot down the ingredients:
- A 1 ¼ lb of salmon which will be cut into 4 pieces.
- White wine
- Pesto (either made from scratch or thawed)
- 1 halved lemon
Checked off the list? Good, let’s get to cooking.
- Preheat your toaster oven to broil.
- Take a cooking pan and line it with aluminum foil and spray the entire foil before setting the salmon skin side down along the foil.
- Take your halved lemon and squeeze across all 4 salmon pieces before lightly pouring 2 tbsp’s of white wine.
- As the toaster oven preheats, let the salmon marinate (approximately 15 minutes).
- Top the filets with pesto (2 tbsp’s will be enough) and slide the tray in to cook for at least 8-10 minutes or until salmon is flakey with a light pinkish color.
- If you want, garnish the tops of the filets with your other half of the lemon and even some pine nuts.
- Brats with Peppers and Onions
A fan favorite, brats with some cooked peppers and onions are a delicious hearty meal. With this easy recipe, you can simply pick up a few ingredients and be on your way to a home-cooked meal.
Snag these at the grocery to help get you started:
- A package of brats.
- A package of pre-cut bell peppers and onions (use red and yellow peppers).
- A tsp of dried basil.
- If you enjoy garlic, pick up 3 garlic cloves (optional).
- Salt and pepper.
- And at least 2 tbsp of oil, preferably olive oil.
Now to put your chef hat on.
- Set your toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Press garlic and place within the concoction.
- Evenly space the peppers, onions, garlic, and sausage on a sheet pan and toss in olive oil before putting in the toaster oven.
- Let the tray cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the vegetables look soft and the sausage starts to brown a bit. (You can also test the internal temperature with a meat thermometer which should be 160 degrees).
- Pile those puppies on a plate and drizzle the leftover juice over top for a delicious meal made easy.
- Pizza Muffin Style
Pizza is always a great meal. But on an English muffin? It’s actually quite delicious and looks like a pizza bagel but healthier!
These ingredients will help get you one step closer to that muffin pizza:
- An English Muffin
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or sliced)
- Marinara Sauce
- And whatever toppings you’d want (i.e. sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, bacon)
Ready to bake?
- Set your toaster oven to preheat to 425.
- Take your English muffin and pry it open with a fork by pushing it through the muffin’s center on all sides. Trust us, it’ll be worth your while to do it with a fork instead of a knife.
- Once halving your muffin, it’s time to sauce it up. Take your marinara sauce and spread it across the top with a spoon.
- Layer the sauce with cheese, shredded cheese would be easiest, and then decorate the top with your favored toppings.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes and then cool for an additional minute or two.
- After the cool off period, lift that muffin to your mouth and enjoy a crunchy bite of your first pizza muffin!