MINDfull Choices: Inspired Senior Nutrition Lifestyle Program
MINDfull Choices is Inspired Living’s total nutrition lifestyle program centered on delicious, chef-prepared foods that have been thoughtfully chosen to protect and improve brain health. We believe so much in nutrition’s ability to bolster the brain and promote overall healing, that we include this leading-edge program for free to our residents.
This expertly curated program is based on clinical research showing that MIND, DASH and Mediterranean diets can lower the risk of dementia by up to 53% and slow cognitive decline by up to 6.5 years. We take this science-backed approach and rely on our first-class chefs to build creative, mouthwatering meals and snacks around the core ingredients.
Brain health is improved by the regular consumption of these MINDfull core ingredients, including (but not limited to):
- Kimchi, a traditional Korean fermented dish that’s loaded with healthful probiotic bacteria and promotes brain health.
- Avocados, which are high in monounsaturated fats and consequently protect brain cells.
- Coconut Oil, selected because of how it enhances the ability of the brain’s neurons to use energy while reducing production of damaging free radicals.
- Wild Salmon, which provides a natural source of omega-3 oil DHA. This oil plays a pivotal role in maintaining the health of brain cells and stimulating the growth of brain cells in the brain’s memory center.
- Turmeric, a spice that turns on parts of our DNA that reduce inflammation.
- Eggs, chosen due to how rich they are in choline, the precursor chemical for acetylcholine, one of the most fundamental neurotransmitters.
This is just a snapshot of some of the MINDfull core ingredients, and why they’ve been meticulously selected for the residents in our care.
Delicious and Healthy Brain-Protecting Foods
Just because our MINDfull Choices program is jam-packed with nutritious, whole foods doesn’t mean the meals and snacks we offer are boring. In fact, they’re anything but! Made by chefs intent on serving delectable creations, residents will look forward to savoring lip-smacking flavors while fueling their bodies and brains.
Here’s a peek at some of the sample snacks residents might enjoy:
- Dark chocolate covered fruit
- Turmeric peach bars
- Walnut covered pretzels
- Dark chocolate covered Almonds
- Turmeric deviled eggs
- Jicama sticks with salsa
- Avocado chicken salad kale wraps
Our senior living communities also boast a popular fresh juice and smoothie bar. Residents can sip a creamy mango avocado smoothie or a refreshing, nutritious green tea and blueberry winter greens smoothie. All of the menu choices have been handcrafted with taste, brain health and overall well-being in mind.